New Minivan!

With a second child on the way, my wife and I decided that we needed a minivan.  There was no way we would be able to squeeze two car seats, a stroller, and luggage into our current small fuel efficient car if we wanted to go on vacation.  Also, it would make it more challenging to buy groceries and especially difficult if we were to shop at Costco.  So we decided to get a brand new minivan for space and practicality.

If we wanted to be really frugal, we could have bought a used car or even a certified pre-owned car, but I think it's psychological for me.  I like knowing that there was no one else who used or drove the car before me.  Even though we had to pay the premium for a new car, I was able to get it with 0% financing and no money down!  Sweet!

We had debated between the Toyota Sienna and the Honda Odyssey, but ended up going with the Toyota Sienna.  The Toyota just seems to have a smoother ride and quieter engine.  Size was also a factor for us, but they were both so comparable that the deciding factor was the handle and engine of the car.

I had no idea how big the Sienna was until I saw it sitting in the parking lot next to some neighboring SUVs and pick-up trucks; the Sienna looked HUGE next to them!  Haha, it was awesome.  The downside though is that it's going to consume more gas than my old car, but we need the space with another baby on the way.

That's one less thing to worry about in preparing for the new baby's arrival... I'm totally excited about welcoming another member into this family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dream Big

If I Was The Pastor At The Church I Attend